We’re looking for a Façade Discipline Leader to join our senior leadership team and lead the façade engineering team at XK. You’ll play a pivotal role in leading and building the team at a key strategic and exciting phase of the business.
We want to meet people who are passionate about leadership and innovation while increasing the standards of engineering services in the built environment. As a key member of our Leadership Team, you will contribute to XK’s big-picture business plans, strategy development and new initiatives.
You will be part of a dynamic, progressive engineering company that is disrupting traditional firms by challenging the status quo in the built environment. Pushing boundaries to create innovative, well-balanced, and sustainable environments that positively impact people’s lives.
Our values are at the heart of what makes us different.
- People Centric – We have a fun, flexible, healthy and safe team environment
- Excellence – We are at the forefront of engineering excellence, committed to achieving the best outcomes
- Curiosity – We celebrate innovation and encourage ourselves to think like there is no box
- Stewardship – We take on our client’s projects as if they were our own, delivering practical and well-balanced solutions
- Integrity – We have the best interests of our people, clients and communities at heart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead the development, planning and delivery of a Façade Division business strategy
- Achieve financial and other performance targets for the division
- Manage proposals and tender submissions
- Refine existing and establish new standards and processes to systemise and enhance the efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Strategically plan and further develop the capabilities within the team and the services offered by the team
- Collaborating with other division leaders, develop and deliver cross-disciplinary opportunities
- Maintain a leadership presence in the industry, supporting business development and discipline growth
- Manage and develop key client relationships through the delivery of high-quality work and great client and project partner experiences
- Lead a team of talented façade engineers and designers
- Lead, grow, and empower the team through hiring, mentoring, sharing context and giving autonomy, holding yourself and your team accountable, , and implementing career progression plans.
- Develop a strong leadership team under you to strengthen and enable the team to confidently grow
- Take on the role of Project Director and have a strategic plan for succession which will allow you to transition further into business leadership with a short to medium term target.
- Take ownership over ensuring all deliverables meet the client’s brief and project objectives
- Manage projects (including resource, financial and risk aspects), ensuring the delivery of high-quality results from proposals through to project completion documentation
- Manage and mitigate technical risks, safety in design and value engineering during the design processes
- Provide your project teams with quality assurance reviews, technical guidance and support to achieve project success
- Sound understanding of the Design Builders Practitioners regulations and requirements
- Highly driven with great energy and passion for leading people and developing business
- Excellent business development and relationship management skills
- Minimum 12 years of facade engineering design experience within an engineering consultancy
- Highly skilled in façade / building envelope / curtain wall design / façade engineering
- Love to engage with others to build positive and long-lasting relationships
We put people first – and this approach extends to the committed employees who make our organisation the progressive, proactive firm that it is. Your Career at XK will see you work on complex and high-profile projects in a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
We will invest heavily in your professional development to ensure that we amplify your personal growth and the outcomes of your projects.
Like many of our projects, one solution doesn’t fit all. We believe that the same applies to personal and professional lives. This is why we offer many benefits to support your personal and professional goals:
- Competitive salary with bonus benefits
- Contribute to business strategy development and initiative implementation
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Professional and technical training
- Work with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home
- 2 min walk from Town Hall Station
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, sporting activities, etc
- Blood Donor Paid Leave
- Fun and flexible team culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the below form or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org