Xavier Knight is one of Sydney’s fastest growing engineering consultancy firms in Sydney. Due to the continuous success of our Structural division, we are now looking for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our leadership team.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity to join an established boutique consultancy with excellent career progression opportunities, an attractive salary, and benefits for the right candidate.
We want to meet people who are passionate about innovation, designing with people in mind while increasing the standards of engineering services in the built environment.
You will be part of a dynamic, progressive engineering company that is disrupting traditional firms by challenging the status quo in the built environment. Pushing boundaries to create innovative, well-balanced, and sustainable environments that positively impact people’s lives.
Our values are at the heart of what makes us different.
- People Centric – We have a fun and flexible team culture
- Excellence – We are at the forefront of engineering excellence, committed to achieving the best outcomes
- Curiosity – We celebrate innovation and encourage ourselves to think like there is no box
- Stewardship – We take on our client’s projects as if they were our own, delivering practical and well-balanced solutions
- Integrity – We have the best interests of our people, clients and communities at heart.
- Highly driven with great energy and passion for leading people and developing business
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Membership with Engineers Australia as CPEng and NER
- DBPA Professional Engineer & Design Practitioner Registration (preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of Structural engineering design experience within an engineering consultancy
- Love to engage with others to build positive and long-lasting relationships
- Committed to continually add value by raising the performance of your work and the work of others around you
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an experienced Principal Structural Engineer, you have a demonstrated experience in the following:
- Experienced in reviewing and understanding project briefs and other relevant project inputs, and experienced preparing suitable proposals/tenders
- Able to confidently contribute to business development, for example leading client presentations, attending industry functions and preparing project proposals
- Manage and develop key stakeholder relationships, including clients, architects, builders, project managers, etc.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of business strategy initiatives
- Experience mentoring and contribute to the technical development of other project team members
- High-level of competency in managing personal workload, planning, and completing wide variety of assigned tasks
- Effective management of own and teams’ work in accordance with delivery plans
- Advanced skills in self-management and implementing personal status and progress checks, to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Comprehensive understanding of organisational resources and resource management
- Advanced understanding and use of internal human resource management and operational procedures and systems
- Actively reflects and assesses professional and personal areas for improvement in order to contribute to value of work delivered by the organisation
- Experience managing projects, including resource, financial and risk aspects
- Experienced identifying and developing multiple sustainable, innovative, and client-focused solutions that meet project objectives and statutory requirements
- Provide your project teams with quality assurance reviews, technical guidance, and support to achieve project success
- Takes ownership over ensuring all deliverables meet client brief and project objectives
- Able to carry out peer reviews of other consultants’ design and documentation
- Proactively manage project performance and progress to achieve project objectives
- Sound understanding of the Design Builders Practitioners regulations and requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of structural design principles and their application to engineering design and construction
- Advanced understanding of material behaviour, techniques, and methods
- Advanced understanding of Australian Building Codes and Standards and their practical application
- Advanced understanding of the latest industry practices, proprietary products, materials and construction techniques, and their application
- Experience in developing complex analysis models and preparing calculations with high precision and accuracy
- Experience producing technical reports and developing concepts that add value to a project
- Advanced understanding of and competence using engineering design software, such as ETABS, SAFE and Bentley Structural Enterprise software.
- Experienced in several of the following areas of design: masonry, composite construction, post-tensioned concrete, precast concrete, pre-tension, pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber and cross laminated timber panel construction
We put people first – and this approach extends to the committed employees who make our organisation the progressive, proactive firm that it is. Your Career at XK will see you work on complex and high-profile projects in a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
We will invest heavily in your professional development to ensure that we amplify your personal growth and the outcomes of your projects.
Like many of our projects, one solution doesn’t fit all. We believe that the same applies to personal and professional lives. This is why we offer many benefits to support your personal and professional goals:
- Competitive salary with bonus benefits
- Contribute to business strategy development and initiative implementation
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Professional and technical training
- Work with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home
- 2 min walk from Town Hall Station
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, sporting activities, etc
- Blood Donor Paid Leave
- Fun and flexible team culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the below form or email your resume to email@example.com