Xavier Knight is one of Sydney’s fastest growing engineering consultancy firms in Sydney. Due to the continuous success of our Civil division, we are now looking for a future leader to join our Project Leader Team. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to join an established boutique consultancy with excellent career progression opportunities, an attractive salary, and benefits for the right candidate.
We want to meet people who are passionate about innovation, designing with people in mind while increasing the standards of engineering services in the built environment.
You will be at the heart of a dedicated team of industry experts who value collaboration and knowledge sharing. As a valued member of our team, we will help you meet your goals, value your ideas, creativity, and innovation.
Our values are at the heart of what makes us different.
- People-Centric – We have a fun and flexible team culture
- Excellence – We are at the forefront of engineering excellence, committed to achieving the best outcomes
- Curiosity – We celebrate innovation and encourage ourselves to think like there is no box
- Stewardship – We take on our clients’ projects as if they were our own, delivering practical and well-balanced solutions
- Integrity – We have the best interests of our people, clients and communities at heart.
- Lead high-profile projects across Sydney from concept to completion
- Apply and develop your technical skills to creatively tackle complex engineering problems
- Representing XK, you will manage and develop valuable relationships with project partners, including architects, consultants, project managers and builders.
- As a key member of our Project Leader Team, you will have opportunities to contribute to other big-picture business opportunities according to your interests and skills.
- Regular professional and technical development through structured CPD sessions, mentorship, projects support and guidance.
- Ambitious with great energy and passion for civil engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (MIEAust or FIEAust)
- Chartered Engineer (CPEng) or working towards
- 8 years of engineering design experience within an engineering consultancy
- Driven to develop yourself to be a future leader at XK
- Love to engage with others to build positive and long-lasting relationships
- Committed to continually add value by raising the performance of your work and the work of others around you
As an experienced Civil Engineer at a Senior level, you have a demonstrated experience in the following:
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Building Codes and Standards, and their application
- Experience in development value management and value engineering concepts
- Experience producing technical reports and developing concepts that add value to a project
- Civil 3D or 12D software, and experience using other relevant software including DRAINS, XP-RAFTS, MUSIC, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD
- Experience in civil design works for urban development including buildings projects, subdivision, roads, pavements and public domain areas
- Experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, water quality modelling, design of minor and major drainage systems, design of OSD systems and WSUD strategy development
- Capacity to lead, train and mentor junior engineers across technical and project delivery aspects;
- High Level of interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, with an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes
We put people first – and this approach extends to the committed employees who make our organisation the progressive, proactive firm that it is. Your Career at XK will see you work on complex and high-profile projects in a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
We will invest heavily in your professional development to ensure that we amplify your personal growth and the outcomes of your projects.
Like many of our projects, one solution doesn’t fit all. We believe that the same applies to personal and professional lives. This is why we offer many benefits to support your personal and professional goals:
- Contribute to business strategy development and initiative implementation
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Professional and technical training
- Work with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home
- 2 min walk from Town Hall Station
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, sporting activities, etc
- Blood Donor Paid Leave
- Fun and flexible team culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the below form or email your resume to email@example.com