Xavier Knight is one of Sydney’s fastest growing engineering consultancy firms in Sydney. Due to continued growth, success and project wins, we are looking for a future leader to join our Project Leader Team. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to join an established boutique consultancy with excellent career progression opportunities, an attractive salary, and benefits for the right candidate.
We want to meet people who are passionate about innovation, designing with people in mind while increasing the standards of engineering services in the built environment.
You will be at the heart of a dedicated team of industry experts who value collaboration and knowledge sharing. As a valued member of our team, we will help you meet your goals, value your ideas, creativity, and innovation.
Our values are at the heart of what makes us different.
- People Centric – We have a fun and flexible team culture
- Excellence – We are at the forefront of engineering excellence, committed to achieving the best outcomes
- Curiosity – We celebrate innovation and encourage ourselves to think like there is no box
- Stewardship – We take on our clients’ projects as if they were our own, delivering practical and well-balanced solutions
- Integrity – We have the best interests of our people, clients and communities at heart.
- Lead high-profile projects across Sydney from concept to completion, applying and developing your technical skills to creatively tackle complex engineering problems, delivering high-quality and detailed designs.
- Representing XK, you will manage and develop valuable relationships with project partners, including architects, consultants, project managers and builders.
- As a key member of our Project Leader Team, you will have opportunities to contribute to other big-picture business opportunities according to your interests and skills.
- Regular professional and technical development through structured CPD sessions, mentorship, projects support and guidance.
- You will be across projects involving: new build facade performance design and specification, building envelope design and façade remediation
- Perform facade assessment of the architectural design to identify the suitability of the plans and detailing for weatherproofing
- Produce technical reports and developing concepts that add value to a project
- Carry out engineering design for façade, cladding, masonry and their supporting steel and RC structures
- Perform façade structural design and analysis calculations
- Review contractor shop drawings and calculations
- Carry out inspections during construction, installation and fabrication on façade elements and their weatherproofing installation
- Diagnostics and detailed assessment of ill-performing facades
- Ambitious with great energy and passion for façade engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (MIEAust or FIEAust)
- Chartered Engineer (CPEng)
- Minimum 8 years of façade engineering design experience within an engineering consultancy
- Experience in façade / building envelope / curtain wall design
- Façade Engineering (material, weather proofing and thermal detailing)
- Driven to develop yourself to be a future leader at XK
- Love to engage with others to build positive and long-lasting relationships
- Committed to continually add value by raising the performance of your work and the work of others around you
As an experienced Senior Façade Engineer at a leadership level, you have a demonstrated experience in the following:
- Extensive knowledge of masonry facades, stone facades, pressure equalised cladding systems, rain screens, curtain walls, polycarbonates, ETFE, PTFE and other façade elements
- Structural design principles and their application to engineering design and construction
- Australian Building Codes and Standards and their practical application
- Knowledge of facade systems, building materials and durability assessment
- Knowledge of Thermal simulation software tools (THERM & Windows Fenestration software)
- Knowledge of the latest industry practices, proprietary products, materials and construction techniques, and their application
- Value management and value engineering concepts
- Finite element analysis with the ability to develop complex analysis models
- Develop complex analysis models and preparing calculations with high precision and accuracy
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.); computer-assisted façade engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes is a distinct advantage
- Façade design and materials manufacture a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of project management principles and application in day-to-day tasks and project delivery
- Able to lead design development and manage the quality of deliverables produced by the project team
- Able to plan and carry out design tasks with limited guidance and support
- Able to provide technical guidance and support to engineers and draftspersons
- Experience managing day-to-day communication and coordination with project partners and relevant stakeholders
- Ability to manage internal communication and coordination of project information and deliverables
- Understanding of project performance principals, with experience monitoring and reporting on project progress
We put people first – and this approach extends to the committed employees who make our organisation the progressive, proactive firm that it is. Your Career at XK will see you work on complex and high-profile projects in a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
We will invest heavily in your professional development to ensure that we amplify your personal growth and the outcomes of your projects.
Like many of our projects, one solution doesn’t fit all. We believe that the same applies to personal and professional lives. This is why we offer many benefits to support your personal and professional goals:
- Competitive salary with bonus benefits
- Contribute to business strategy development and initiative implementation
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Professional and technical training
- Work with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home
- 2 min walk from Town Hall Station
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, sporting activities, etc
- Blood Donor Paid Leave
- Fun and flexible team culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the below form or email your resume to email@example.com